Are you curious about the people behind the robots? The 2020 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) features a new Original Series called Real Roboticist hosted by Sabine Hauert, President of Robohub and faculty at University of Bristol.
The show looks at the people at the forefront of robotics research. How did they become roboticists? What made them proud and what challenges did they face? What advice would they give to their younger self? What does a typical day look like? And where do they see the future of robotics? If you want to find out, watch the series for free on the IROS On-Demand platform until 25 November (located under Technical Talks or at this link).
The series features the following roboticists:
- Michelle Johnson (Associate Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the University of Pennsylvania): Robots that Matter
- Davide Scaramuzza (Professor and Director of the Robotics and Perception Group at the University of Zürich): Drones & Magic
- Dennis Hong (Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of California Los Angeles): Making People Happy
- Ruzena Bajczy (Professor Emerita of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences at the University of California Berkeley): Foundations
- Peter Corke (Distinguished Professor of Robotic Vision at the Queensland University of Technology): Learning
- Radhika Nagpal (Fred Kavli Professor of Computer Science at Harvard University): Enjoying the Ride